Monday, February 7, 2011

Had a nice critique for once in a long time.Not the usual- oh thats great...the body's nice...or I like the color choice there hmmm.... and then they trail off and thats all i hear. Not by someone in my class but friend of a friend had something to say. It was good, not mean at all but just want i needed to hear to get a jump start on a lack of personal progress. What they had to crit i felt the same way about / have for a while but just kinda tucked it on the back burner.

Sparked my want to apply to jobs again tho. Bettering my portfolio in the next year to hopefully apply somewhere nice if not my dream job *glances at sky- dreamy sigh*


(ノ゚ο゚)ノミ★゜・。。・゜゜・。。・゜


Only worry i have with applying places is my range of portfolio pieces. I want to apply to game concept stuff because aside from art- its one of my passions- playing and concepting. Buuuuuttt- I dont think my portfolio reads as that of a concept artists/gameworks. I can pump out some work to fit it but then i get caught up on not knowing any of the 3d programs and I panic.

But who really gets their dream job after they graduate huh? No biggie.


motivation to improve is back. lack of time is a deterrent.

2-7-2011

1 comment:

  1. Well, I think there is always possibilities with 3D to have basic learning. I mean, most important in 3D is to have a great drawing, and so good "abstract concept". How you cut your piece, stuff like that. Then it's practice. I had only basic lesson, but to start is good. Then "modeling" programm like Zbrush would also be great solution for you.

    Also, I don't really know how works stuff in video game in USA, but most of time there is a guy for the 3D, someone for the concept/concept art. But the job is not the same, the 3D artist don't is "creative" , unlike the conceptor.

    I hope you'll be able to find a dreamy place of work, because your stuff are really awesome !

    ReplyDelete